Monday 6 May 2024

The Peacock 1233

 That is interesting."

"Yes".

I want to say more, but the words seem stuck in my throat.  And there is this emotion, sadness and panic rising in me.  "Where is this island?"

"Near Vancouver."

"And lindstrom was there.  Any word about what happened to him."

"It is really hard to remember. But I think I just couldn't comprehend.  Except that my sister was getting really angry and really emotional, which never happens to her."

"Typical Swede.  She was never ever emotional in the eighteen months of our marriage."

"Hey, I'm a Swede and I'm emotional."

"That you are, my dear friend.  That you are."

"So, what's the plan, when I'm out of here, I mean."

"You will have three possible homes to choose from.  Here, the condo downtown, and a Victorian mansion in New West."

"Where are you going to be ?"

"With you."  And yes, whether Carl likes it or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment