Monday 20 May 2024

The Peacock 1247

 I have just circled the block.  I might go back out after Jesús' arrival and wander in the forest on my own again.  Or I might even just drive my car out to who knows where and stay away till sundown.  It is very difficult to plan my days now with so many other lives hanging around my own and my life hinging around others.  the neighbourhood has changed and not for the better.  I have counted three new tacky mcmansions standing where there used to be some very beautiful heritage homes.  I don't like this.  And this is another good reason for not selling my father's house.  It is going to go on standing and being lived in for as long as i can help it.

"Good morning Christopher", intones a familiar feminine British voice.  It is Chelsea who is seated on her doorstep, or her grandmother's doorstep, cup of coffee in one hand, phone in the other and Sheeba cat sprawled in the sun at her feet.

"Hi."

"I was just about to put on a fresh pot of coffee.  Come on in and help me drink it" And without questioning, accepting this as the next few steps in the dance, my feet are already wandering on the walkway towards her front door...

No comments:

Post a Comment