Monday 27 May 2024

The Peacock 1254

 "Yes.  I had lessons all the way up till grade ten.  I was considered a prodigy.  When I was fourteen, my father showcased me to a concert pianist who was going to take me under her wing.  Mentor me you know.  That didn't happen."

"What happened."  There is a robin perched on the tree branch just outside the kitchen window.  Something has scared him and off he flies.

"Well, you know, my dad was a member of the House of Lords, and this gave him automatic privilege and connections, of course, so he was able to get a rather famous concert pianist interested in hearing me play.  But then total shit hit the fan.  Mom was all set to divorce his ass, plus Dorothy was already in the picture.  It appears the infidelity was not simply one-sided, or one could say, it wasn't just my father who was philandering with other women...

No comments:

Post a Comment