Tuesday 7 May 2024

The Peacock 1234

 I'll take the Victorian mansion", he says, laughing.  "You are joking, yes?"

"No, I am not joking."

"So, where did it come from?"

"The magic wand of my rich friend, Carl."

"You have a sugar daddy."

"He's younger than me.  And we don't sleep together."

"I am glad to hear that."

"He just bought it yesterday, and there are plans that our community is going to move there from the place in the mountains."

"How about your family home."

"I don't plan on letting it go.  Not yet, anyway."

"Well, listen Christopher, I could stay there with you when they let me out of this fucking hotel room, and then decide.  Besides, I have been searching for online courses and I think UBC would be great for finishing my masters in sociology..."

No comments:

Post a Comment