Wednesday 8 May 2024

The Peacock1235

 "It's taken you long enough."

"Yeah, better late than never."

"What happened?"

"That is a very long story."

"Continue."

"It's pretty complicated.  Can it wait till we can talk in person?"

"Give me a thumbnail sketch."

He is pausing, hesitating and nervous.

"what is his first name?"

"Enrique."

"Spanish?"

"Colombian.  We met in Spain."

"Wealthy?"

"Stinking.  he was a coke baron in Medellín."

"Older?"

"He passed away last year.  Age eighty-four."  We are waiting, both silent.  I don't know whether I should dare formulaste another question.  And Erik may not be willing to budge.

"That all sounds very interesting.  We can let the rest wait till later if you want."

"Call me tonight.  I'll tell you then."

"What time?"

"Seven?"

"See you then..."

No comments:

Post a Comment