Wednesday 22 May 2024

The Peacock 1249

"I slept through it all."

"What do you mean you slept through it all."  She is carefully measuring and pouring water into the coffee maker. 

"I was lights out on the sofa till two am.  The others saw and heard it."

"What did they see and here?"

"There was a man trying to get into our house and police had arrived just in time to detain him and take him into custody."

"Well, that was certainly the luck of good timing", she says, sitting down across from me.  "Do you have any idea who it might have been?"

"Not someone we know.  What exactly did you see?"

"More or less what you have told me." Her nails appear to have been just done.  Ten sapphire blue talons adorning her long and boney fingers.  I wonder if she plays piano.  She is likely to meet Carol pretty soon.  "Then something else rather strange occurred."

"What happened?"

"This kid just appeared on my front lawn, as if out of the thin blue air..."

No comments:

Post a Comment