Friday 8 May 2015

Hospitalization

Regular readers of this blog might be noting that nothing new has appeared on this page since last Saturday.  Sunday morning last week I woke up with double vision.  I was weak and unsteady on my feet.  I knew I was seriously ill and in need of immediate medical care so I called an ambulance. 

Following twelve hours in emergency I was admitted, sharing a room with an obnoxious young recovering addict.  Everything else about my stay flowed wonderfully.  I am enjoying a rapid healing, am walking normally with normal vision and getting appropriate medical support for a hormone imbalance.  There is much about my health crisis that still puzzles doctors and they are making me a subject of medical research.

I have no doubt that much of my healing comes from God and also is channelled through the excellent care I have been receiving as well as the prayers and support of friends.  I am truly blessed.  Now comes the remaining process of recovery and wellness.

I have just enjoyed today my first home cooked meal, a vegetarian stew of Roma beans with pasta.  I feel a bit pooped from cooking.  It is just amazing how much energy must go into our own self care and for this reason I am the more amazed by the hard and skilled work that is expended for us by our medical health care teams.

I am overwhelmed with gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment