Friday 15 May 2015

Post Recovery Walking

I suppose I could say that I feel about ninety-three percent recovered since my hospitalization last week.  I have regained full use of my hands and feet.  My vision is normal.  I can stand and walk unassisted.  I no longer need to sleep midday following a little activity.  The chest congestion has mostly cleared up.  I do find that walking is still a bit tiring and I still feel a bit on the light-headed side while being physically active.  My balance is much better now and I almost never feel as though I'm about to fall.

I expect that as I keep pushing forward, slowly and gently, that within days I will feel completely restored.  It is a matter of being patient.  There is the lurking concern-I wouldn't exactly call it fear-that they could discover cancer in my body, but I neither fear this nor do I suspect it.

Perhaps I am stupidly optimistic.  I have gone from being a drama queen catastrophizer to an almost relentless Pollyanna optimist.  This now is my way of coping.  On the other hand it doesn't appear to have been harming my speed and rate of recovery.

I know that my declining years are beginning.  I m almost sixty.  The body has a shelf-life.  I could last for another year or two, or a half century.  I have no way of knowing.  I can either wreck any current and future enjoyment of life by holding onto regrets and ancient grudges or I can release all in a spirit of joyous reconciliation, seize and embrace and extract the most beautiful essence of every moment of each day of every year I have left.

I have already made my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment