Friday 29 May 2015

Ice Cream

Today is the first day I have really felt entirely completely well.  I didn't realize that so much of my recovery from hospital would be emotional and mental.  The loss of privacy, and the lack of dignity in the way patients are treated can really undermine one.

Today, as I mentioned to a couple of co-workers, I have my sharp teeth again, but to fear not given that I never draw blood when I bite.  (though sometimes I do come pretty darn close)

I also had my first ice cream this summer (even though it's still spring but the heat is summerlike), a cone which I enjoyed on my way to Costco where I walked to pick up my other prescription.

This is my first time in Costco.  Huge, industrial, ugly and just the kind of environment that brings out the uglier characteristics in shoppers.  I will never become a member.

No comments:

Post a Comment