Monday 11 May 2015

Post-Recovery Rash

I don't know what else to call it.  I began developing an itch in my back Wednesday and once I was released from hospital Friday the itch gradually grew and this morning has developed into an ugly rash.  I apparently have brought something with me from my hospital experience that I will be very happy to have done with.  It is simply a red, ugly hive-like itchy rash on my inner arms, parts of my torso and back. 

I wonder if it's psychosomatic, perhaps from the stress of being in hospital and having to share a room with a particularly loathsome individual.  Fortunately when I called the community health clinic about it today they have been able to book me in for an early appointment tomorrow.

This is the irony of hospital care.  We go to these places to get well but too often pick up secondary infections or we become traumatized and then vulnerable to other problems.  There is something imbecilic about bunking together ailing patients who do not know each other and expecting them to do well.

On the plus side, I am feeling stronger today and did fairly well on a long walk.  I expect to be ready and prepared to begin work as scheduled in two days.  I still feel mostly gratitude about how well everything's gone so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment