Tuesday 19 May 2015

Oops, I Lied

Well, maybe not entirely.  I just wasn't expecting this minor setback today.  But it isn't really a setback.  Rather, this was my first full work day since I was hospitalized and it was tiring.  It's one thing to enjoy a walk in the woods as yesterday and feeling not a bit of wear, but getting back into fulltime work is going to knock me out a bit, at least for the first few days.

The irony is that if I don't keep pushing forward like this I will not completely recover.  The key is moderation.

The good news is that I got through everything and actually worked every well today with clients and coworkers.  I did often feel as though I was walking uphill but now it is the end of the day and I don't feel particularly tired.

We are not superhuman.  Neither are we helpless.  We nurture our strength while respecting our weakness.  I think that by maintaining this balance we can really begin to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment