Sunday 5 December 2021

The Peacock 359

 "But, really, Christopher, do be careful around him.  He could have a bit of an agenda with you."

"Maybe you want to worry about Carl, instead", I reply, smiling.

"You don't mean to say...

"We really seem to like each other"

"I daresay, you do spend a lot of time together.  But is it healthy?"

"You mean here?"

"I mean exactly here.  That could hardly be considered appropriate here in a Christian spiritual retreat centre."

"I don't think you need to worry about us."

"Then you and Carl, you are just,...friends, you mean to say?"

"I mean to say there is nothing to worry about.  We are both okay."

"But all this time you are alone together, up in one of the bedrooms."

"No telling what we might be getting up to:" And as uncomfortable as I find her awful intrusive questions, I am rather enjoying this opportunity of playing with her.  "And by the way, the other day, wasn't it you who said that our sexuality is a gift?"

"I didn't mean...but Christopher, what re you two getting up to!"

"It's none of your business, and if you are really worried, then why don't you come upstairs and join us tonight?"

No comments:

Post a Comment