Saturday 11 December 2021

The Peacock 364

 Carol says, "Have you ever thought what a church service would be like if everyone showed up naked?

"What would the clergy use for vestments?"

"They'd have to do without."

A concept I have never considered.  But it seems rather strange, even a little bit creepy coming out of the mouth of Carol Barlow-Meade, world famous concert pianist, in the most cultured Queen's English.

"Sorry.  I hope that didn't offend you.  I don't know where that idea came from, but being here seems to pull whatever strange thing from our mouths, doesn't it?"  When she sees me trying not to laugh she adds, "Yes, I suppose it is rather funny."

"I was just trying to visualize some of the people at St. James in their birthday suits", and now I am succumbing to paroxysms of incontrolable laughter, and soon Carol is joining it.

"Especially when everyone's on their knees, " she laughs, snorting, "And some of those naked bums sticking up in the air!"

Carol's snorting laughter simply eggs me on, and I don't think I can stop.  "And what if the celebrant lets out one loud ripper of a fart!"

"While blessing the elements and elevating the host", screams Carol, with a laugh rather like a police siren...

No comments:

Post a Comment