Sunday 19 December 2021

The Peacock 372

 "We have to talk to Aaron".

"Are you alright now?"

"Yes.  Better, anyway", I reply.   "The English woman is named Joan.  The Dutch woman is Toni."

"Sorry?"

"When I was talking to Carol in the garden, I told her about a nasty argument that happened between two women at St. James, years ago.  I thought that Aaron had told me about it.  Apparently, he didn't, but somehow, I still know all the details of what happened.  This is something that he witnessed almost forty years ago.  He insists that he never told me, and I am also sure that no one else did either."

"Oh my god", says Carl, slumping down in the chair again, shaking his head.  "Oh my god."  He looks at me.  "Are you sure you're up to being with everyone.  I could bring dinner up to you and we could eat it together here."

"Nope."  I am vigorously shaking my head.  "I am feeling much better now.  FOMO, you know."

"Fear of missing out."

"And I don't want to be treated like an invalid.  Let's go."    

No comments:

Post a Comment