Tuesday 7 December 2021

The Peacock 360

 "And if you want, I will tell you right now, play by play exactly what Carl and I have been getting up to."

"You don't mean to say..."

"I mean to say, that one of us lies on the bed, the other sits on a chair, and we eat snacks and talk and tell each other jokes, and I read to him from the diary of a close friend of mine who died by suicide."

"I am so sorry..."

"Nothing to be sorry about.  Then we give each other a hug, and we go to bed.  Separately."

"And that's all?"

"Right now, anyway."

"And you trust him?"

"So far I am finding Carl to be one of the most trustworthy persons I have ever known.  Even though we've known each other for three days, I can see myself spending the rest of my life with him.

"The rest of your life!"

"Well, I think it is quite a bit early to be thinking about marriage, but I could still see myself living here full time and making a life with both Carl and Melissa..."

No comments:

Post a Comment