Sunday 12 December 2021

The Peacock 365

 "Can you imagine all of us here at the house going naked?" says Carol, just recovering from her squealing laughter.

"After you, Carol."

"Oh, but after you, Christopher."

"Ladies first."  We seem to be running out of steam, and are both seized by the awkwardness of our situation.

"There was a nudist cult here during the fifties and sixties", say I.

"Yes, I remember what Carl was telling us.  Could that be where I got the idea?"

"This place is haunted.  I am sure that none of those people that were here before us have really entirely left."

"Yes, I think I see that."

"Like the name Cosme.  You remember, when I arrived, and had lost my memory, and thought my name was Cosme. I had never heard of that name before, and then Carl produces his diary, by the guy with the same name."

"That is decidedly odd.  Are you guys going to translate some more of it?"

"I can't, because I don't know Spanish.  But I think that Jesús and Aaron are going to do some more for us after dinner tonight..."

No comments:

Post a Comment