Saturday 3 September 2022

The Peacock 626

 "Oh, yes, dear Michael, you were inevitable.  And that was still back in the day before we had gay marriage, and we still had to be secretive about everything, or get ostracized, or beaten up, or even killed.  Let's see, Mikey, you came along just shy of 1980 or so, and we did have kind of a workable arrangement going for ourselves."

"More or less, I would have to say", says Sheila,  "But I did find the both of you quite frustrating, and at times downright infuriating."

"Mother Peanut Gallery", says Michael, rolling his eyes.

"Were we that bad, Sheila?" says Matthew.

"Oh, if only", she replies.  "Around me, anyway, you were both always on your best behaviour.  I described you to my friend Madge, as two excessively well trained lapdogs"

"Mother!" says Michael, groaning.  "Anyway, Mom, it might have been because, maybe we didn't feel accepted by you, so of course we were just going to try all the harder."

"Well, I accepted you.  Why couldn't you both figure it out...?"

No comments:

Post a Comment