Wednesday 7 September 2022

The Peacock 630

 "I never told anyone", Melissa says flatly, "But when I was getting ready to leave Claus, and found myself pregnant, well, it wasn't a miscarriage."

"Does Mom know?"

"She is not going to find out. "

"Yes, we know what she's like."

"How very sad", says Carol, "That you cannot tell her, Melissa.   But I do understand, there are things that we all have to keep from our mothers."

"I imagine she is not pro choice", says Michael.

"Some of her views, a lot of our mother's views", says Carl, "Are pretty backward.  I blame it on her variety of Christianity.  She still doesn't believe that there is such a thing as homosexuality."

"And", says Melissa, "She fervently believes that the Jews have every right to kick the Palestinians out of their country."

"Maybe you should tell her", says Carl.

"Fuck off, Carl", she retorts, quietly....

No comments:

Post a Comment