Tuesday 6 September 2022

The Peacock 629

 "Honestly, Michael, this is completely inappropriate and we are not going to discuss it further", she says rather sharply.  "It would be like telling you all about my abortions."

"Mom!"

"Fear not, little son, you were spared."

"But, did you...did you?"

"That is for me to know and for you to never find out."

Aaron says", I will never forget one night, I must have been in my early thirties, when at eleven one nght, my mother phoned me, and only to tell me that she was pro-choice and how fervently she believed that women should have the right to abortion.  I didn't argue with her, in fact, I hadn't really made up my mind about it, and really I had more pressing matters to take care of, but I can tell you that after our thirty minute conversation I felt decidedly shaken and creeped out.

"Speaking of which" says Carl, still with that scary smile on his face, "Is everyone here pro-choice?"

"Not me", says Glen.  "Every baby should have the right to life."

"I agree with Glen", says Francois, "As a Catholic."

"And as Catholics", says George, "Jeff and I are both strongly pro-choice.""

"Us too", says Sarah, "And Jenn and Maureen and I have already talked about it, so I can speak for the three of us."

"Am I the only person here", says Melissa, "Who has had an abortion?"

"Mel?" says Carl, completely surprised...

No comments:

Post a Comment