Sunday 4 September 2022

The Peacock 627

 "Or, why didn't you tell us"

"I didn't say you weren't welcome, did I?" says Sheila to her son.

"My mother, the Sphinx."

"And don't you forget it."

"So which sphinx would you be referring to?" says Carl.

"There are more than one?" says Sheila.

"Oh, there are many", Aaron replies, "But principally, I think that most of us think either the Great Sphinx of Cheops in Egypt, or the Sphinx that guarded the gates of the ancient Greek City of Thebes."

"Yes, I think I read about that one somewhere.  Greek mythology, yes?" says Sheila.

"That was the same sphinx that would tell a riddle to every visitor to the city, and if they got it wrong, she would pounce on them and devour them."

"Great tourism PR, don't you think?" says George with a chuckle...

"I think my mom could be either or both", Says Michael.

"From my loving son", says Sheila dryly...

No comments:

Post a Comment