Sunday 11 September 2022

The Peacock 634

 What are you thinking?" asks Carl.

"Rwanda.", says Francois.  "I cannot see how that massacre on steroids, that genocide, could ever possibly find redemption.  Almost one million of my people, the Tutsis, slaughtered like cattle."

"It´s a miracle your parents escaped", say I.

"My mother escaped.  I was already in her womb.  My father was killed in a church where he sought refuge with others.  It was surrounded by Hutus and burned, and no one survived.  I can scarcely think of the horrible death."

"But God spared you and your mother", says Carl.

"And no one else.  Of course, I'm going to ask why.  And please, don't bore me with nonsense about there being a special reason or purpose in my life.  Every life has reason.  Every life has purpose.  Not mine any more or any less than my father, or any of the hundred people that were butchered and cooked to death with him..." 

No comments:

Post a Comment