Sunday 2 June 2024

The Peacock 1260

 "He's a Roman Catholic priest?"

"Was a Roman Catholic priest."

"What happened?"

"Long story.  It would be better to ask him.  But I think it would be better to respect his privacy and leave him alone."

"Was there a scandal?  Anything inappropriate."  I really cannot abide these hyper nosy hairdressers.  She is not privy to any of this, and really I ought to change the subject, redirect her.  or simply just swallow the dregs of my coffee and leave right now.

"He is not a pedophile, if that is what you are getting at."

"Oh, I wasn't implying...I didn't mean that at all.  What is he going to do now?"

"Tomorrow, Francois and I will be beginning our practicum doing street minister in the Downtown Eastside."

"Oh, I never go there, it is such a horrible, sad and depressing neighbourhood.  All those drug addicts and homeless.

"We are going to have to take you on a tour..."

No comments:

Post a Comment