Monday 24 June 2024

The Peacock 1282

 "She likes you. She couldn't keep her eyes off you at breakfast yesterday.  I thought she was going to eat you after the muffins she brought over."

"So coyotes are dangerous", says Jeffrey, changing the subject.

"No, not especially", say I , "But better to respect their space and keep distant from them."

"They're actually very smart", says George.  We have come back out to Chancellor, and Francois is pausing near the door to the outhouse on our left..  He goes in and closes the door.

"I'm not sure about that", say I, "If the cartoon is any indication."

"Oh you mean the Roadrunner", says George.

"Never could catch the bird no matter how hard he tried", says Carl.

"What do you think would have happened had the coyote caught the roadrunner", sys Jeffrey.

"I don't know", say I, "But when Kenny lived with us he had a poster on his bedroom wall of the coyote grabbing the roadrunner by the neck with one hand, and his other hand closed in a fist ready to plough him one, and saying, "Beep-beep yer ass"...

No comments:

Post a Comment