Thursday 6 June 2024

The Peacock 1264

 "So very good of you to stop by and chat, Christopher", she says, walking me to the front door.  "Shall I drop in at round six-thirty?.

"that would be great."

"What shall I bring?"

"Nothing."

"Not even dessert?"

"Let me worry about that."

She clearly does not want me to go yet.  but I must.  My masters expect me at home.  Plus, I don't want to give into her neediness.  She is like Carl in drag.

"How will you be spending the day?"

"I have to wait around for Carol and Jesús to arrive.  He is bringing my car, and I really want to be here for that.  This afternoon, who only knows?  You never know with my friends here but something always seems to end up happening, especially when we haven't planned for it."

"I think I know exactly what you mean.  See you this evening..."

No comments:

Post a Comment