Wednesday 5 June 2024

The Peacock 1263

 "That would have been Kenny.  he died around that time."

"I'm sorry."  And she does seem genuinely sorry.  Perhaps also a little, and appropriately embarrassed.  "What happened?"

"It was officially suicide, presuming that he jumped off the lion's Gate Bridge."

"You say presumably."

"There are a lot of unanswered questions."

"Could you tell me a little about him please.  You see, when I was a kid, I used to see him, and all of you, you and your dad I mean coming and going.  I must admit I was enormously curious about all of you."

Kenny was a former drag queen, a transvestite hooker we took into our home and he became part of the family, is what I could tell her, but I really don't want to satisfy her appetite for scandal, or not just yet.  So, I am merely saying, "He was an environmental sciences student we came to know.   He fell on hard times and we took him in."

"Hard times?"

"Yes."

"Nothing else?"

"Not really.  Look, I just got a text from Carl and they are wondering where the hell I am, so I had better get back before they send out a search party...".  


No comments:

Post a Comment