Friday 7 June 2024

The Peacock 1265

 

"And just where the hell have you been?" says Carl, looking up from his laptop in the living room

"there's a rolling pin in the kitchen drawer if you want to use it".  There is still coffee in the pot, so I am reaching for my favourite mug, the dark blue one with the bright yellow daffodil.

"We were getting worried about you", he says coming into the kitchen.

"Carl was getting worried about you", says Francois, putting his phone aside at the table.  "the rest of us don't give a shit."

"I'm sure I love you too.  Where are the other two?"

"We're on the sun deck", calls George from outside.  "It's fabulous here.  Come on out and keep us company."

"So, where were you", asks Francois, following me outside with his phone.

"Chelsea invited me in for coffee.  She's coming for dinner tonight."

"It's going to be a  full house", says Carl, joining us on the sundeck...

No comments:

Post a Comment