Tuesday 4 June 2024

The Peacock 1262

 "Tell me something please, Chelsea."

"I will see if I can oblige you."

"When you were little did you come here sometime, from the UK I mean, to visit your grandma."

"Only once, when I was eight.  I was actually here for about a year.  Mom was having so much trouble with Dad and the marriage and his adulteries, and she thought it best to ship me here for a while where I' could be safe from it all.  Plus I got to continue my piano lessons, and that is why Grandma bought the piano.  It was really the happiest year of my life.  I seem also to remember seeing you here from time to time."

"Mrs Montgomery didn't really communicate much with us."

"She didn't like you, your family,I mean.  I must confess that Gran was a dreadful snob, even if she would have been considered lower middle class had she stayed in England.  She would repeatedly warn me to stay away from all of you, and she really had massive issues with the Church of England from back at home, so your father being an Anglican priest didn't help.  plus she was also a racist and a bigot and did not approve of your mother being from Mexico or somewhere down there.  And when that friend of yours moved in with you for her that was the icing on the cake..."

No comments:

Post a Comment