Tuesday 11 June 2024

The Peacock 1269

 "Here it is".  Carl begins to text on his phone.  "Hello, Carol.  This is Carl.  Yes, THAT Carl."  He is laughing.  "I hope I didn't get you at an awkward moment. .. Oh, okay, I won't keep you then...  Oh, things are going quite swimmingly for us here.  George and Jeffrey just arrived last night, and I believe that we are also expecting you, Jesús and Jason and Lazarus...What time?  Yes there should be someone here...Listen Carol, I am calling on behalf of our next door neighbour, a Canadian British woman named Chelsea...Yes, she plays piano and mentioned to Chris this morning that she met you in London when she was fourteen...I would say a bit more than twenty years ago...Oh, I see...Well, she will be coming for dinner this evening...Would you like to join us...okay...we'll see you then...

No comments:

Post a Comment