Friday 12 July 2024

The Peacock 1300

 He asked me two questions.  if we wanted to get married, and if we would be open to taking refuge in your house, Carl, given the backlash we could expect from the abbey.  Just then, George entered the room, which seemed, to say the least, providential.  I told him about our conversation and he said yes to both, provided that I agreed.  There was nothing left to do.  We both packed our modest earthly possessions, Cosme came with us to the justice of the peace in Mission."

"Then what happened", say I.

"George had the foresight to keep his car.  I never owned one.  So we all three of us drove together down to Mission.  Everything was over in less than fifteen minutes.  We Took Cosme back to the abbey so he could drive himself home, then we drove straight to your place, Carl."

"And we all lived happily ever after...

No comments:

Post a Comment