Thursday 11 July 2024

The Peacock 1299

 He was a regular feature at the monastery.  Often attending mass in the mornings and some of the daily prayers and offices.  He seemed to have money and I believe was a much coveted benefactor of the abbey.  One summer afternoon we accidentally convened in the guest breakfast room.  I was supervising one of the novices who was charged with keeping the place cleaned and stocked.  he was seated at one of the tables by the window passively scrolling on his phone.  He asked me abut my personal history with the abbey, and the conversation went from there.  He asked me if I was familiar with your house, Carl, and I said that I was.  Then he asked me about our arrangements you and me, George.  Somehow, i couldn't lie to this man, so I disclosed that we had been boyfriends already for years, and that we still considered ourselves together, regardless of the Rule of St Benedict nor anything else.  I felt somehow compellad to divulge to him everything about us, except for, what we could call our most intimate details...

No comments:

Post a Comment