Wednesday 17 July 2024

The Peacock 1305

 "It should be ready for occupancy in just a couple of weeks", says Carl, stepping over the threshold into my father's house.  "I am going to organize a move to transport furniture and kitchen utensils from the mansion, probably next week."

"What an absolutely cute house" says Sarah, surveilling the living room.

"Yes, isn't it darling", says Carol agreeably.

"but will there be room for everyone", says Sarah, settling herself in the centre of the sofa.

"Jesús", says Carol, "I have two guest rooms in my townhouse.  If you don't mind being surrounded by two loquacious and chatty women."

"Thank you", he says.  "I have a place to live.  My girlfriend is expecting me tonight."

My heart is already breaking.

"Why Jesús", says Sarah, We never even knew."

"Can your girlfriend come over for dinner", say I, to help mend the heartache.

"I will ask her."

"Is she from Colombia", says Carol.

"She is from Mexico City."

No comments:

Post a Comment