Tuesday 16 July 2024

The Peacock 1304

 The first thing i see is my little black Hyundai parked in front of the house and my heart is racing as though encountering my long lost lover.  I should be so ashamed.  The next thing I see is Jesús, Carol, ...and...Sarah?

"The gang's all here!" she chimes, reaching out to me her two arms for a hug, and now hugs are exchanged everywhere.  We are all truly glad to be together again.

"So, Carol, this is the surprise you've been telling us about", says Carl, referencing Sarah.

"So you jumped ship", he says laughing.

"Sarah is going to be staying with me at my townhouse until the house she shares with Maureen becomes vacant in the fall.  And what is this I here about you buying a house in New Westminster, of all places."

No comments:

Post a Comment