Saturday 13 July 2024

The Peacock 1301

 "Did you remember to bring Cosme's journal with you'" say I to Carl.

"It's in my bedroom on the night table."

"Good thing Jesús is coming.  We will need him to translate some more for us."

"What else did Cosme tell you?" says Francois.  "I seem to remember seeing him around, but we never so much as gave each other the time of day. I always suspected him to be a racist."

"how could you possibly tell", says Carl.

"Oh believe me, I can tell alright.  People of colour develop from the cradle a sixth sense for it."

"Or maybe you just expect people to be racist and so it comes back to you", says Carl.

"No need to gaslight", says George with utmost patience.

"Is that what I'm doing."

"Trust me when I say this, as a Filipino-Canadian, otherwise known as a visible minority, I know exactly what Frankie, or, sorry, I mean François, is talking about, because I go through it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment