Friday 19 July 2024

The Peacock 1307

 Jesús is suddenly on his phone.

"Dónde  estás?" he says, sounding a bit anxious.  "Por qué? No me dijiste nada.  Marla, yo estaba llamándote y llamándo te ayer y hoy, sin ninguna responsa y ya me digas que te vaya.  Hola?  Marla?  Dígame.  Marla!  Qué se joda a la mierda", he says, staring blankly at his phone.

""Your girlfriend" says Sarah, softly and worried.

"Yes.  She is already in Mexico.  Says the authorities told her she had to leave immediately.  I don't believe her.  She is lying.  She has lied to me before."  He is speaking rapidly and quietly, clearly trying to maintain control of himself.

"Jesús", says Carol from the armchair where she hs ensconced herself.  "Do come and stay with Sarah and I."

"There is room here", say I, wondering why I should set both of us up for a situation that has already just become problematic.

"Please stop being stupid, Christopher", says Sarah.

"I will stay here", says Jesús.  then tomorrow I will move things from the apartment I shared with Marla..."

No comments:

Post a Comment