Saturday 20 July 2024

The Peacock 1308

 How nice to be behind my own steering wheel again,, in my own little hyundai.  Okay, this is not a Mercedes, but it'll do.  It is mine.  And paid for.

"How is your mom", asks Sarah to Carl from the back seat that she shares with Jesús.

"Better.  I still don't know if they'll let me in to see her, but since Chris is going out to Richmond to bring his brother-in-law more supplies, and the hospital is just across the street almost from the hotel."

"Easy-peasy", says Sarah.  We are taking the scenic route along Marine Drive, above the notorious Wreck Beach.  On a whim of mischief I have almost asked Jesús if he would like to check it out today.  But I know better, yes i do know better.

"what an awful  shock for you", Jesús., says Sarah.

"she says she is back in Mexico City now.  why should I believe her.  She has lied before.  Many times."

"That's really harsh man", says Carl.  "Hey you guys, do we have time to go to New West?  I want to show you the house I bought..."  

No comments:

Post a Comment