Friday 5 July 2024

1292

 "That was the last I saw of him until shortly before my eighteenth birthday.  I was hustling along the canals, feeding my coke addiction, and he approached me.  instead of negotiating, he simply said "come with me", so I obeyed.  I followed him up into a luxurious flat upstairs in one of the old canal houses.  After that, I can't remember anything, except for occasional forays to cafes and restaurants, always with him, always with Lindstrom.  Like his little pet dog.  Only worse..."

"Worse in what way?" says François.

"He possessed me.  Totally.  To this day, I don't have a clue what happened between us, nor even if we ever had sex.  But I do remember Stella, approaching me for the first time.  I was sitting on the sidewalk patio of his favourite café, and she walked over to me, resplendent in a pale green summer dress, and simply said, "Come with me."  For some reason, i felt very strongly to obey her.  When we arrived in her house she said that I have just been rescued from someone intrinsically evil, who had no power over her, and that I could stay with her under her protection for as long as I needed."

"You went from one owner to another", say I.

"No.  At that moment I was set free..."

No comments:

Post a Comment