Wednesday 10 July 2024

The Peacock 1298

 "He's still around?" says Carl.

According to brother Bartholomew", says Jeffrey, just last year he moved here to Vancouver to live with his daughter."

"How old would he be?"

"I would guess in his eighties", says Carl.  "He would have been in his twenties when he was writing that journal of his during the sixties.  Hey, speaking of which, George, Jeffrey, why didn't you say something about it when we were reading his journal last week."

"Sorry about that.  I needed time to digest the content that I heard", says George.  I had to think for a while before I could be persuaded that it was the same person."

"Did you know him?" say I.

"I met him in passing a couple of times.  We never actually had a conversation."

"We did", says jeffrey.  And it was rather strange...

No comments:

Post a Comment