Sunday 28 July 2024

The Peacock 1316

 I am not about to argue with her.  I certainly don't buy into white replacement theory or any other white supremist nonsense.  But I suppose she has a point.   It is good to have the Chinese here, and they have definitely changed Richmond, how I cannot really say, but I find their presence peaceful and tranquilizing.  We are back at the parking lot and there is still no sign of Carl.  I did text Erik to let him know we were at the hotel if he wanted to say hi from his window, but he is not responding,  I imagine he must be sleeping again and there will be plenty of time for him to meet my friends.


We have found our way to the public gardens behind the hospital and the azaleas are in flaming fragrant bloom, yellow, gold orange and red banks of colours smouldering in the garden.  There are a few visitors, mostly Asian, almost all wearing covid masks.  We are bareface.  


"Weren't Jason and Lazarus supposed to be coming as well", say I to Sarah and Jesús.

"They were afraid it would be crowded", says Sarah, so Father Griffin has agreed to take them into his home for a while.  I think this should be good for all of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment