Saturday 21 September 2024

The Peacock 1371

Everyone is seated together here again. Mostly people are looking at their phones, basically pretending that there is no one else here, and likely coping with all the stress and drama today, including Dorothy's meltdown. I alone am reading a book. It is just nine thirty-five. Should I or shouldn't i? Of course, now that it is becoming more clear that I get to carry the burden of leadership, it is going to be up to me to initiate and make suggestions. This has never been my forte. "Why don't you read to us, Chris?" says Carl suddenly. "Jesús, are you familiar with this? It's the autobiography of a transwoman Anglican priest we have been reading together." "It sounds like it could be interesting." "Practicum: i was first placed in a small town parish in northern Ontario, where there is a high indigenous population. The idea was that I must not come out as trans, given how conservative the people there were about such matters. So, for the first time, I could live, not as Karen, formerly Kevin Wilson, transitioning female, but simply as Karen, this nice woman ordinand, soon to become a nice woman priest...

No comments:

Post a Comment