Saturday 28 September 2024

The Peacock 1378

"Who's gonna tell him", says George with a most wicked grin. "I'll begin", says Francois. "You see Jesús, until very recently, the three of us, George, Jeffrey and I, were all Roman Catholic priests. And now we are all excommunicated." "Excommunicated from Mother Church", he says, gasping. "What crimes did you commit." "Before we answer that question", says Jeffrey, "Please tell us, are you still a faithful communicant with the church." "I don't understand the question. My English." Says Carl, "We mean, Jesús, do you still attend mass?" "Yes, sometimes." "when did you last go to confession." "Maybe two years ago." "but you would still call yourself a faithful Catholic", says Francois. "Oh, yes." "George and Jeffrey both had to leave the church because they are both married. A priest who gets married is automatically excommunicated." "I didn't know you both had wives." "Husbands", says George, now with a very wide and mischievous grin on his face. Jeffrey and I both have husbands..."

No comments:

Post a Comment