Tuesday 10 September 2024

The Peacock 1360

 More fool you."

"And just what do you mean by that."  and now Sarah is taking the chair of the grand Inquisitor.  Something she seems to be rather good at.

"Last weekend, at the mansion, were you present when Jason was telling his story?"

"I seem to remember that he was a stage actor, and at a party met some guy who took him on a little holiday to an island near Saanich."

"And that's all you remember?"

"Well, I must have dozed off, or blanked out or something.  But no I don't remember."

And now I have to recount to her, in exasperating detail:

"He found his way to a large mansion at the top of a hill on that island where he was cared for by a beautiful teenage boy.  This kid took care of him, looked after him, and taught him for several weeks before he returned home.  He had forgotten everything that had happened to him, until just that same day when he told us what he remembered.  In the journal of my friend Kenny, now deceased, he wrote about this scary entity that was stalking him, this being that was part angel and part human, and extremely flawed, and he told my friend about having been on the same island, in the same mansion and accompanied by the same teenage kid.  Then last night, when that same monster had found his way here from Sweden in order to abduct my brother-in.law, and tried to break into this very house, I was asleep and dreaming on the couch of that same kid.  And then this morning, while having coffee with Chelsea next door, she said she heard the commotion, looked out the front door, and that very same kid approached her and gave her a rose.  And then there is today.  So, what else do you want me to tell you...

No comments:

Post a Comment