Thursday 12 September 2024

The Peacock 1362

 "How long ago?"

"It would be the day before you arrived. In the morning, when I was on my way to work in the gardens, I saw this tall handsome blonde man standing idly in the driveway.  I approached him with some caution and asked what he wanted.  He stood very tall, kind of glaring at me, then he suddenly looked very unsure of himself. All he said is "you are a high priestess.  And one day you will help me.  Tomorrow arrives your new friend.  Together you can help me."  Then he walked away towards the road.

"and that was it?"

"That was it."  After swallowing another morsel of ratatouille, Sarah says, "I was wondering, Christopher, could it be that he really isn't a danger after all?"

"What do you mean?"

"I thought he looked fragile.  Like he was appealing for help.  Well, he was asking for help.  I was wondering..."

"Wondering what we might do for him?"

"I never thought of it."

"You said he was hospitalized more than once.  mental health.  He must be fragile.."

No comments:

Post a Comment