Thursday 26 September 2024

The Peacock 1376

"I guess we'll leave it there", say I. It's near ten, and I am tired. And so appear the others. "No gender", says Jesús, and I can almost hear the gears turning in his head. "Something different, eh Jesús", quips George. "Do I understand correctly", says Jesús. "He has changed from man to woman, and talks to a boy and they both have no gender. So why did he change to woman? it don't make no sense." "Do they talk about this much in Colombia?" says Carl. "Yes, but not much. There is a movement for gays and trans, but many people still very conservative. I know two men named Ricardo, both Ricardo, who moved to the United States to get married. Now they live in Florida. But gay marriage is legal now in my country." "where did you come across this book?" says jeffery. "The author left it here. She was checking in on the Ugandan father and son who were staying here courtesy of the church and left them this book to read. They didn't and just left it here." "She's been over to visit snce", say I. "She came for breakfast with another clergy..."

No comments:

Post a Comment