Tuesday 3 September 2024

The Peacock 1353

 "We had to disarm him and guard him with the bat while Carl helped Jesús get all his stuff.  He wanted a month's rent from him that wasn't owed, especially since it was an illegal suite.  But then he followed us in his SUV and tried to ram us.  
We escaped, and he ran into a lamppost.  A couple of hours later it was on the news that he died in the accident.

"But won't they want you as witnesses", says Carol.

"Apparently, from the news report, no foul play is suspected, plus his blood was full of alcohol."

"How sad.  How very ugly and sad .Very tragic."

"So", say I, eager to change the subject, "you two have finally met".

"Yes", says Carol.  "And I am so delighted to make your acquaintance again Chelsea  And no I never forgot about you.  I only regretted that I couldn't hear you play...

No comments:

Post a Comment