Sunday 22 September 2024

The Peacock 1372

Just two weeks later, Hermione laid claim to my friendship. Hermione is indigeous and two spirited. She said she felt an immediate connection with me and wanted to have coffee with me. It turned out that Hermione was already preparing to transition fully to female. Knowing tha I was under strict orders not to reveal any personal details of my life, one can imagine the struggle that was confronting me. Hermione was tall, elegant...and educated. She said she had a degree in fine arts and art history and was all set to pursue a career with a major art gallery in Switzerland. Where she was also going to undergo transitioning surgery. I simply tried to encourage her to take the path that God was already opening up for her. Of course, I did wonder how an indigeounous, two spiritd transperson in such a small remote community could have overcome so many barriers and hurdles in order to open up for her what would be a rich and gratifying life, and I did feel too shy and awkward about probing further than I had to. We met only once, and then, just days after, she completely disappeared from our lives, from the parish and from the town. The rector shortly after took me aside. He wanted to know the details of our conversation. The rector still does not know that I am trans...

No comments:

Post a Comment