Friday 2 July 2021

The Peacock 209

"I was just beginning to lose consciousness, when he found me nodding off on the bench.  He saw the pill bottle, then bodily dragged me to his car and drove me to the hospital.  Brother Laurence came with us.  We were later told that had it been five minutes later, I would be a goner.  They set me up with a psychiatrist, one of the few that still do talk therapy, so for four years, every other week, I saw this guy in Mission for up to an hour.  best thing I could have done for myself."

"The same thing happened to me, between 2002 and 2006", says Aaron, "A psychiatrist who practiced talk therapy, four years, just under an hour, every two weeks.  

"Funny how we seem to be connected by parallel experiences." Carl says.

"Is Brother Laurence still here?" says Carol.

"He left some time ago", Melissa says, "But later."

"You´re not off the hook yet, Carol", says Carl, smiling.

"But I am just so amazed at all this", she says.  "Something very similar happened to my sister.  She overdosed on pills, just as Graham and I were negotiating rather a nasty divorce, but aren't they all nasty divorces.  but I suppose I could tell you a bit about Tina, my sister..."

No comments:

Post a Comment