Thursday 22 July 2021

The Peacock 229

 Tina:  Hello Mommy.  How are you today.

mother:  Oh, Tina, is that you, darling.  I just woke up.

Tina: I didn't wake you up, I hope.

mother: What time is it, in London?

Tina: It is five thirty in the afternoon.  What time is it in Vancouver?

mother: Eight thirty.

Tina: How are you this morning?

mom: oh, as well as could be expected.

Tina: What time is Carol coming?

mom: Usually she sails in at around ten.  So we have plenty of time.

Tina: Don't you want to have breakfast?

mom: I'm not hungry.

Tina: Mummy...

mom:  oh, don't scold, darling.  You know I have no appetite.  Food tastes  much like cardboard and rubbish.

Tina: You're going to waste away to nothing.

mom: That right now is the least of my concerns.


No comments:

Post a Comment