Monday 12 July 2021

The Peacock 219



 What's happened to Tina since then?" I ask, noticing how strangely quiet Carl and Melissa have become.  Are you still in touch with her?"

"Oh, I imagine she's still rotting in her council flat.  I don't know, I haven't seen or spoken to her in years.  She never once contacted me or Mom during her illness, and she couldn't even scrape enough money together to fly across the pond for the funeral.  Such filial loyalty.  She might even be dead for all I know.  Or care.

"Tina is very much alive", says Carl.

"I beg your pardon?"

"Your sister is still alive."

"And where did you get that information?"

"We've found out a few things about Tina Barlow-Mead, Carol, and if you don't mind, this will take a little time, but I am sure you will find this all very interesting..."

No comments:

Post a Comment