Monday 20 September 2021

The Peacock 288

 "During the offertory hymn, which is often a time of high spiritual presence and awe, I began to hear a whimpering behind me, and soon it became a loud anguished keening.  I turned around and there was Isabel, weeping wildly and completely out of control.  I sat next to her, put my arm around her, and sat with her as she calmed down, till the end of the service.  She asked me to please forgive her, and all she could say was please Jesus forgive me, and please forgive me, I was supposed to kill you, and now I can't and I have to get out of this, but they'll kill me if they find me, and then she started convulsing again with more weeping.  Father Griffin came over, and together we stayed with her, and then we both went into the chapel together, where she confessed everything.  The Network, or cartel, the satanism, the drug trafficking and the murders.  She asked if we were going to turn her over to police, but instead Robert offered her protection.  They managed to find for her a room in the clergy house.  And she and I began to lay out plans for getting us all out of that house, because we were next on their victim list.  I didn't say anything because I really didn't want to frighten anyone.  I'm sorry, I should have been more forthcoming."

"We understand, Sarah.  You were very brave", says Maureen.

"Thank you, Sarah", says Jennifer.  "Yes, we understand.  Thank you,so much."

"Where is she now?" asks Aaron.

"She's okay", says Melissa.  "She texts me occasionally.  I don't know where she is, and she doesn't want anyone to know.  But she is safe."

"And she left because of Doug?"

"Carl helped her get out", "She was really afraid of killing him."

No comments:

Post a Comment