Friday 3 September 2021

The Peacock 281

 "Do they have to be here?" says Robert.

"You mean our guests?" says Melissa.

"I hardly think this will do a lot to help facilitate their retreat for them."

"I will ask them", Carl says.  "Chris, Aaron, Carol and Jesús, tell me please, are you bored yet."

Carol replies, "I would hardly imagine that boredom is the appropriate word in this context."

"I think we should all stay", Aaron says.

"Agreed", say I.  "Jesús?"

"Yes.  I want to stay."

"And I am certainly not going to go off somewhere to read a book", says Carol.

"Are you sure?" says Robert.

"Father Griffin", Carol says, "Carl and Melissa are the most gracious, friendly and inclusive hosts, and they have included us in everything.  I do not see why that should have to change on your behest."

"May I remind you that I have spiritual oversight in this place."

"HAD spiritual oversight in this place", says Carl.  "Now stop acting like a sanctimonious turd, sit down and relax, because we have some things to tell you, Robert..."


No comments:

Post a Comment